1. General These terms and conditions apply to all orders and supersede all others. By using this site, you expressly accept and agree to abide by all the terms and conditions contained in this statement. Do not use this site if you do not accept and agree to these terms and conditions. We may vary these terms and conditions from time to time without notice.
2. Prices All prices quoted are in Sterling and are exclusive of VAT and Carriage
3. Terms of Payment Payment for orders shall be by credit card, unless other credit terms have been arranged. Orders are not binding on Logo Leisurewear Limited until accepted by Logo Leisurewear Limited . Logo Leisurewear Limited may invoice parts of an order separately.
4. Changing Orders: Because we start processing orders immediately after confirmation, submitted orders are considered final. We will try to accommodate order changes or cancellation requests, but cannot guarantee our ability to complete them.
5. Delivery All delivery times are to be treated as estimates only. No liability is accepted for any loss arising from delay or error in the delivery of goods.
6. Returns Policy Logo Leisurewear Limited will not accept responsibility for misspellings or grammatical errors or design errors from the buyer or third party via the buyer. Goods will only be accepted for return with prior agreement. Please contact Logo leisurewear Limited if you need to return any items. Embrodiered items are made to order and as a rule, are not exchangeable or refundable, however we may be able to offer exchange for some of our best selling items that we hold in stock.
7 . Carriage Unless otherwise specified the cost of carriage is charged extra. Standard packaging is included within price unless special packaging is requested from the buyer at additional cost.
8. Passing of Property and Risk Title to products passes from Logo Leisurewear Limited to you on shipment from our facility provided the goods have been paid for in full. For account customers title of goods passes once payment for goods is made in full.
9.1 Claims arising from damages, delay or partial loss in transit must be made in writing to us so as to reach us within 5 days of delivery
9.2 All claims with regard to the quality or quantity of the goods shall be made in writing to us so as to reach us within 5 days of receipt of goods or such goods shall be deemed to comply as to quality and quantity with the terms of the contract.
9.3 Claims in respect of non-delivery must be made so as to reach us within 4 days from receipt of our invoice
10. Liability To the fullest extent permitted at law, neither Logo Leisurewear Limited nor any of its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this Web site or the information, content, materials or products included on this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
11. Indemnity The buyer shall indemnify Logo Leisurewear Limited against all claims for infringements or alleged infringement of third parties' patent copyright or other intellectual property rights,and all costs and expenses incurred in connection therewith, arising from the execution of the buyers designs, patterns or specifications.
12. Notices Any notice given hereunder by post, fax to the recipient at his or its principal or registered office shall be deemed to have been properly served at the time when in the ordinary course of post or transmission it would reach its transmission.
13. Complaints Procedure Should you wish to make a complaint, please do so by filling out an enquiry form, alternatively contact us by telephone on 0114 251 1171 . We endeavor to respond by e-mail or telephone within a maximum 5 working days. You may also contact us by post, our address is also listed on the web site .
14. Force Majeure We will not be held responsible for the failure or delay in the carrying out of our obligations under the contract arising out of any cause outside our reasonable control or inability to procure materials or articles except at higher prices due to any such cause and in such circumstances we shall be entitled by notice to terminate the contract in whole or in part without incurring any liability whatsoever to you.
15. Governing Law These terms and conditions will be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We want you to be able to place your order with us free from worry. Information required to process your order We require certain information to allow us to process your order. This includes your name, address, telephone number, and email address, as well as your credit or debit card number and expiry date. We ask for your e-mail address to send you an order confirmation. We ask for your telephone number so that we can contact you should we need to discuss any details of your order. Other information From time-to-time we may e-mail you with exciting offers and promotions. This will help you take advantage of savings we may have on a product you normally order or an item that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive emails regarding promotions, just 'opt out' and you will just receive emails regarding orders that you have placed. Site tracking We use tracking software to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site to better meet the needs of our customers. This software does not enable us to capture any personally identifying information. Security facts As required by the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you. Cookies Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive, and enable us to provide features such as remembering your address, so that you don't have to re-enter it each time you make a booking (this service is opt-in). Cookies can be deleted from your hard drive if you wish. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to prevent that. Even without a cookie you can use most of the features on the web site. Disclosure to third parties We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. Security Using your credit card to make purchases via our web site is a secure way to pay for your goods. We have put a number of security steps in place to give you, the customer, total confidence when purchasing through the Internet:
1. All sensitive information, including personal details as well as credit card information, is encrypted through the use of our secure server software (SSL). This means that information can only be exchanged between you and us, and that no third party can access this data. The padlock symbol on your browser () shows which pages are covered by this security system.
2. All historical information regarding credit card, name, and address details is held on a secure computer. We do not retain live records of customer personal details or credit card information on our web servers after the transaction has been completed (i.e. you will need to enter your details each time you book over the Internet). Notes Using a credit card may give you additional protection. Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, if you have a claim against the seller for breach of contract or misrepresentation, you may also have a claim against your credit card issuer. This applies to goods or services even if you have only used your card to pay a deposit. Further advice can be obtained from your local trading standards department or Citizen's Advice Bureau. In addition, all the major credit card companies, along with IBM, Netscape Communications, and many others, are committed to the continuing development of open standards, in order to further improve the security of online transactions. We want you to feel totally at ease every time you visit our site to get information, request a sample and place an order. If you still do not feel comfortable about leaving your credit card information on our secured Web site, please contact one of our sales on 0114 251 1171 and they'll be happy to help you with your order.